2. Lydia Nunes, the nurse at our school for the last seven years, was recognized by HireNurses.com as the nurse of the week, in celebration of National Nurses Week. Please read this release and her submission as to why she is a nurse at the end of this newsletter.
3. And, thanks to Lydia and her shepherding of Matia and his mother, the baby (who is 3 months old) has had an operation to cure spina bifida as well as a shunt to drain the water. Of course, as with everything, we now discover he has a club foot! We need to get this corrected as soon as possible. Stay tuned ... I am trying to find out what this will cost.
4. Met with the Dean of Nursing at the Minnesota School of Business and we will be working with them to enlist of the aid of nurses and other healthcare professionals for the next medical trip in March. Great opportunity as they are part of Globe University which will allow us greater media exposure.
5. We have added 3,000 chickens and a pig farm to generate revenue for the school and allow them to begin earning more money. Each chicken is $2.00 ... if you want to donate money for chickens that would be great. From a pig standpoint, thanks to Beth and Bob Almerini who paid for the pig farm!
6. And, lastly, thanks to the Holmdel Community United Church of Christ for donating the money from the turkey dinner to Sylvia's Children to pay for Evaline's college where she is learning to be a nurse/midwife.